Parental Relocation

Managing your transistion

Parental Relocation | Tonya Holman Law Firm | Okaloosa County

Picture of Parental Relocation

A parent may be prohibited from relocating a child’s residence more than 50 miles from their current residence if certain conditions apply. Parents who wish to relocate outside of the permissible radius (50 miles) and who do not have the written consent of the other parent, must file a petition for relocation and comply with the statutory requirements prior to obtaining a court order allowing said relocation.

For additional information about parental relocation of children in the aftermath of divorce, or if you need specific advice about a proposed move, contact Tonya Holman, your family law attorney